----------
From: Ronn!Blankenship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 03:24 AM 5/21/04, The Fool wrote:

>From: Ronn!Blankenship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Wouldn't a d2 die be a coin?
>
>----
>
>A Cone.

I think a coin would be more likely to be fair.

___

I'm sure a cone with a fair ratio of base to pointy-end could be made.
___

>Sphere.

I don't know how many times I've wished I had a d1 when I really didn't
want to make a choice . . .

>Cone.
>Cylinder.

Again, a cube with 2 faces with each number or other choice would likely
be
fairer.

>Triangular Pyramid.

AKA "tetrahedron."

>5-Sided object.

A square pyramid would work, although again the unequal faces would
likely
impact its fairness.

----
Same with the cone.
----

  A d10 with 2 faces for each choice or a d20
(icosahedron) with 4 faces for each choice would work better.  Or one
could
make a right prism with a regular pentagon as the base, label the sides
1-5, and roll it rather than toss it . . .