> From: Nick Lidster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> From: "Gary Denton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:44:53 -0500, Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > > Would Israel do "the right thing"?
> > >
> > >        Julia
> >

> > If I was someone in Iran I might be saying "Why are you picking on me
> > you honky Zionist crusaders?"
> >

> I tend to agree with Gary on this one, Iran would back away rather
quickly
> if a coalition said to pack up the reactor and go home. Though the Fool
> would be correct in saying that bombing all of the suspected sites is
the
> "right" thing to do, it is most defiantly the worst thing that could
ever be
> done. Such a  unilateral move by the US would end up with a large
amount of
> Iranian forces crossing the border of Iraq and engaging the already
over
> stretched US forces there, the entire region would ignite, and a war to
end
> al wars would be witnessed by a generation that has seen no great
conflict!

Iran is _*Already*_ Massing troops on the Iraq border for just that:

According to GOP Moonie Propagandist Newspaper / UPI:

<<http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040615-055649-4707r.htm>>

Iran massing troops on Iraq border

Beirut, Lebanon, Jun. 15 (UPI) -- Iran reportedly is readying troops to
move into Iraq if U.S. troops pull out, leaving a security vacuum.
The Saudi daily Al-Sharq al-Awsat, monitored in Beirut, reports Iran has
massed four battalions at the border.
Al-Sharq al-Awsat quoted "reliable Iraqi sources" as saying, "Iran moved
part of its regular military forces towards the Iraqi border in the
southern sector at a time its military intelligence agents were operating
inside Iraqi territory."