After a number of days without digests (or administrative messages), I seem to have finally uncorked the bottle and they've begun flowing again. Looks like they are all there, just stuck somewhere in the system.

It seems that there are messages that are able to clog up Mailman's internals. Having written a fair bit of Python myself to process e-mail, I'm familiar with the frustrations that unpredictably weird message structures can cause. I'm a bit surprised that it doesn't trap errors better, but hey, I'm grateful that it works as well as it does. Not sure I or anyone else could do better.

Nick