--- Ronn!Blankenship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm not sure if you're still interested in finding a
> BASIC interpreter,

Dave helped me solve the immediate problem with the
delightful Chipmunk Basic which, on a Mac, simply and
charmingly works.  It clearly will fall down when I
later get to more sophisticated graphical stuff, but
my kids may move on to C++ by then anyway.  What I
needed was a way to show simple cause and effect and
use great old demo problems from books.

WHich is not to say that I would turn down something
like that to run on a PC!  If there's a free CD rom
(or semi-free) that has a solid, easy to use basic on
it for PC, I'd be delighted to get a copy of that too.
 If you have checked it out? even better.  Thanks