--- David Brin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In any event, for the record, I deeply apologize to
> Gautam and John.  I kiss the toes.  I beg to be
> considered for probation in their basements, when
> the
> roundups begin.

See, Dr. Brin, here's the problem.  As far as I am
aware, there is exactly one undecided voter on the
list.  That would be me.  I have publicly stated this
and posted a fairly withering critique of the
Administration.  And, Dr. Brin, unlike you or anyone
else on this list, I did that knowing there's a good
chance there could be adverse professional
consequences for me for saying something like that in
public.  So if you're really trying to persuade
undecided conservatives to vote for Kerry, you've got
a test case right in front of you.  I'm an undecided
conservative who might vote for Kerry - in fact, I'm
60/40 Kerry right now.  But every time I read one of
your posts about Bush I become _much_ more likely to
vote for Bush.  If you have that effect on someone so
in the middle of the political spectrum that 2 weeks
before the election they haven't picked a side yet,
then maybe the people who disagree with you aren't the problem.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"