David Hobby wrote:

> Yes, that's the kind of thing I was thinking of.  Alberto
> was talking about probability.  Since all probabilities
> sum to one, that might well imply that each god got
> probability zero.

No, there may be infinite a priori gods, but they can
form a converging sequence, like 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, ...

BTW, in Bayesian analysis, you can even consider an
"improper prior", and assign to an enumerable quantity
of gods the _same_ probability, and end up, after
observations, with a proper probability distribution.

Like this: imagine a sequence of gods labeled 1,2,...
and assign to each of them the same a priori probability
[this is an improper prior - there is no such distribution].
Then, let's do an experiment that will succeed for the n-th
god with probability 1/2^n. If this experiment succeeds,
the "a posteriori" probability will be the "bona fide"
p(n) = 1/2^n.

Alberto Monteiro