On Sep 19, 2006, at 9:48 AM, Julia Thompson wrote:

Charlie Bell wrote:
On 08/09/2006, at 7:16 AM, Warren Ockrassa wrote:

Probably you haven't asked the right person. I base my ethical decisions on my ability to empathize. If I know a given action would cause me misery, I know that it's an action I shouldn't perpetrate upon another.
...unless you've asked first. While "do unto others" is a reasonable first approximation, it can also be arrogance to assume that what we want is what others want. But it's a starting point.

On that note, I recommend
http://www.autismstreet.org/weblog/?p=17

Important excerpt:

The Platinum Rule is: Do unto others as they would have you do unto them.

Does that also apply to mega-hot schoolteachers in their 20s and their fourteen-year-old students?

Just tossing in a monkey-wrench. ;)

--
Warren Ockrassa
Blog  | http://indigestible.nightwares.com/