On 9/23/06, Alberto Vieira Ferreira Monteiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Maru wrote:

>> The Wikipedia entry for R is under "GNU-S" :-)
>

> I hate to play the pedantic resident Wikipedia expert here,

marudubinski, I presume :-)

You forgot the "Dr."! ...(Nah, I'm kidding.)

Ok, but if we want to use the search engine from the initial page, it's much
simpler to search for "GNU-S" then to search for "R" :-P

Alberto Monteiro

Certainly, but how many people know of it as the GNU implementation of
the S programming language (or is it family now? Doesn't seem very
clear) rather than as the "R programming language"? Google hits prove
nothing of course, but "R programming language" gets ~50,300,000 ghits
and GNU-S ~3,910,000  (I'm not including hits for "GNU S", since
looking over the top 20 shows it to be a rather ambiguous term, but
even "GNU-S"'s first hit is for the mail reader Gnus).

~maru