John Williams  wrote:

> So now you implicitly claim not only to be able to predict what would
> happen if the government did not intervene immediately after the
> various investment bank problems, but also what would have happened
> many months after that under the influence of unknown intervention
> efforts. Since distinguished economists have repeatedly failed to
> predict much simpler things on shorter time scales, I find your claim
> highly dubious.

You probably know this, but a prediction is knowing something before
it happens, not extrapolating what would have happened after the fact.
 In a baseball game, if an error is made on a play that would have
ended an inning and a number of runs are scored afterwards, its not
much of a stretch to say that if the error had not occurred, the runs
wouldn't have scored. It is certainly not a prediction.

Doug