Dave  wrote:

> Amen, brother! I think that the harsh "immune response" from some quarters
> to the merest mention of religion is a symptom of our general inability to
> be generous, kind, civil, open and _listening_.

Yes but, calling the U.S. a Christian nation is a little beyond "the
merest mention."  That said, I agree with the tenor of the message
forwarded by Chris.  I've been disturbed enough by the hate speech
from the right; Beck, Limbaugh et al, that I've considered taking some
sort of action to express my displeasure.  This is the only
constructive thing I've found so far:

http://colorofchange.org/

If anyone knows of any similar campaigns I'd be interested in checking them out.

Doug