Hi everyone,

Just to stir things up, I have to admit I had a good chuckle and a WTG "in
your face" religious moment reading about "Boobquake" and I figure it might
be a  "in play topic" with a bit of self moderated tongue in cheek.

I am thinking I am having a IF moment- Ironic feminism- kinda like women
who use the words "broad" or "chick" toward a purpose of trying to reclaim
the power of the words.  I am a poor spokesperson for feminism, but I sure
do love a good bit of mockery and sarcasm.

Dee

For the non "Mericans, here is an exerpt from CBS-

**********************

CBS)  A senior Iranian cleric's controversial theory that
immodestly-dressed women can cause earthquakes is being put to the test, thanks
 to an
Indiana student and 80,000 accomplices.

_Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted in Iranian media last  week_
(http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/19/world/main6411387.shtml)  as saying
that
"Many women who do not dress modestly ...  lead young men astray, corrupt
their chastity and spread adultery in society,  which (consequently)
increases earthquakes."

Jennifer McCreight, a  Purdue University senior majoring in genetics and
evolution, told CBS  Affiliate WLFI correspondent Niccole Caan she wanted to
take a light-hearted  approach to field testing the cleric's scientific
theory.

She's asking  women to dress immodestly on Monday, April 26, so that any
discernable effects  upon the Earth's tectonic plates can be traced.

"I want to do good  science to counter the bad science this cleric had
performed," she told  WLFI. "I'm going to compare the frequency and severity of
the earthquakes  on the 26th to earthquakes previous to that, and see if
there is a statistical  difference."

She admitted her experiment, dubbed Boobquake, was  "light-hearted
mockery," but had no idea it would take off the way it has.

Thinking the Boobquake guest list would be limited to a small circle of
friends, McCreight soon found news of the event, _posted on a Facebook page
devoted to Boobquake_
(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boobquake/115608248460905) , had  gone viral,
with many willing to participate in the experiment.

By  Friday, more than 80,000 women had signed up, adding even more heft to
the  scientific calculus.

McCreight did not dictate what to wear - only that  women should dress as
immodestly as they feel comfortable doing.

"I'm  not forcing people to dress differently than they would be,"
McCreight told  WLFI. "Even showing an ankle to some people would be immodest,
so
you can  interpret that however you wish."

For the record, on Monday _she wore a tank  top_
(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-dxg8gReUqE/S9WAyIaInJI/AAAAAAAAAyM/lRH_4GbaSAk/s1600/Picture+002.jpg)
 .