> Get it removed and you'll earn yourself a mention in Steven Levitt and Stephen
> Dubner's SuperDuperFreakononmics, when they'll mention how softwares
> originating from .IN has improved in the quality, with nearly zaroo bugs, and
> wonder how the hell it happened, how a generation of awesome C programmers
> came into existence, and then you'll get a mention about your struggle to get
> the book kicked out of the syllabus.

Its not a one man task to remove anything from the syllabus at such a
massive scale. every university is autonomous. They have their own BoS
to decide what to put and what not.

'Let us C' or any book creeps in the syllabus by a process and it
stays there until it gets the label of 'highly outdated'. The 9th
revision has removed the DOS crap with every program. Now all that is
in DOS specific chapter only.

All the IITs are using TC/DOS based systems even today. Professors
dont change their mindset so easily. I have seen that its almost a
fight with the TC/DOS system fans before asking them to do C/UNIX.
Before proclaiming being Microsoft-free, a war remains - 'declaring
Turbo C++ free'.

Mohit Singh