Whoa now, this is because you never set the default "user" password to something other
than empty space Cayman so thoughtfully set it to by default. So, from what I can
tell, '}' isn't any special back door username. At least not in:

GatorSurf 5.6.2

login: }
Password:
Login incorrect

However, just another example of a company leaving their users open to stupid attacks,
hacks and providing DDoS ammo. Cayman, please require the user to set BOTH passwords
before doing anything else and/or at least warn them...

Thanks,
Jon

On 11-Jul-2001, Russell Handorf wrote:
> try using '}' as a username without a password for cayman routers.
>
> login: }
> Password:
>
> Terminal shell v1.0
> Cayman-DSL Model 3220-H, DMT-ADSL (Alcatel) plus 4-port hub
> Running GatorSurf version 5.3.0 (build R1)
> (} completed login: user level)
>
> Cayman-DSL{SNIP}>
> ==================================
> Russell Handorf