On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Lars Hallberg wrote:
> Do this mean I have to remove the X-UID header when moving mail between
> mailfolders?

If you use the c-client library to move messages (e.g. mail_copy()) all of
these details are taken care of for you.  Why aren't you doing this?

No, you should not copy X-UID headers.

> What bad things will happen otherwise?

Either you will write useless junk headers, or you will screw up the UID
regime and cause c-client to purge it and recreate a completely new UID
regime, causing your POP3 users to complain bitterly that all these
messages got downloaded again.

> Is it better or worse that *all* X-UID headers are removed (also for
> mail that return to the original folder)?

You can't return messages.  All you can do is add new messages.

> Right now, mail is moved to other folders with the X-UID header, and
> while resorting - new mail without any X-UID header can be inserted
> betwin messages with X-UID header. Scary stuff...

You can't resort messages in the mailbox or insert messages in the middle
with c-client managed mailboxes.  This is a permanent restriction since it
is required behavior in IMAP.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.