Mark Elvers wrote:

I use pine 4.44 as my mail client and it treats this message as plain text
- rather than filtering it, as it normally does with HTML messages.
Outlook Express 6 seems to 'detect' the HTML content.

A lot of ms pruducts ignore the contets type and display stuff at ther own will. That is by all mean *sometimes* usefull - but is generally to be considered a bug!

If You want, You can analyse the contents to detect if the contents type is wrong - and offer the user the *option* to view it in another way. But silently overruling it like ms does is not anything I would recomend.

The bottom line is - the message is broken!

/LaH