--On Friday, November 21, 2003 12:10 pm +0100 Beernd Noordkamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Chris Bunch wrote:
This builds fine omm under Mac OSX 10.3 Panther with "make oxp
PASSWDTYPE=pam SSLTYPE=unix SSLDIR=/usr"

(SSLTYPE=unix because I need both standard port 143 access locally and
SSL for remote access: this is working fine on MacOS X 10.2 Jaguar))

I can connect fine via 143 but it doesn't authenticate login:
(...)
My mail client also gets an invalid account ID or password rejection when
trying with SSL.

Did you do a sudo cp /etc/pam.d/login /etc/pam.d/imap ?

If not, PAM won't accept logins for imap. You need a copy called pop if
you need that service, too.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Beernd

Many thanks Beernd: spot on! I had a file in /etc/pam.d/imap but it had the wrong things in it.

Chris