I tried using tmail as a drop-in replacement for mail.local with sendmail under
FreeBSD 5.1 because my users' inboxes are in mbx format.  My problem is that
when my daily cron jobs run, the output is sent to my root account but the
messages are deferred with the following error:
tmail[61281]: mail to root prohibited
(tmail works fine with other accounts)

I noticed that tmail.c states: "big security hole if this is allowed" where it
fails with this message if mail is being sent to root.

First of all, why is this a security hole and secondly, how can I use tmail
with
sendmail and still have my cron messages (and other mail sent to root) go to my
root mailbox?

Thanks,
Eric Loveland