Hello,

I'm trying to format an envelope and body for sending through the smtp_mail() function. The message is type TYPEMULTIPART and has an attachment of type TYPEMESSAGE with subtype of RFC822. However, I can't find any way to correctly set the values in the body structure so that c-client will write the attached embedded message to the e-mail.
I first thought that the body.nested.msg->env and body.nested.msg->body would be the correct things to set from the comments on the BODY structure. However, when I used this, the boundaries and mini headers were set correctly, but nothing was printed from the actual embedded message itself. So I then looked through the code executed by smtp_mail() and found it called rfc822_output() for the data output, which writes the headers to the e-mail and then calls calls rfc822_output_body() to output the body. In rfc822_output_body() it appears that only body.nested.part is examined on TYPEMULTIPART messages.
The best solution then is to use the c-client header and body writing functions to write the embedded message headers and body to text, and then put the text in body.nested.part->body.contents.text.data. Is that right or am I totally off?
Thanks for any help that can be provided!

Charles Dorner