On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Andrew Biggs wrote:
Specifically, I am finding that although Exchange
doesn't appear to support the STARTTLS capability (if
you know how to turn this on please let me know!), it
does apparently listen to port 993 for connections
that begin with a TLS negotiation, followed by IMAP.

SSL negotiation, not TLS negotiation. Specifically, the SSLv23 method, as opposed to the TLSv1 method.

I suspect this is considered pretty non-standard, and
out of scope for c-client.  Nonetheless, its a problem
I need to solve.

It's standard, but an older standard; and it is supported by c-client.

I was hoping for suggestions on how I might go about
making this work.

The work is already done for you.

Just add "/ssl" after the host name in the mailbox specification, e.g.
        {imap.example.com/ssl}INBOX

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.