Can uw Imap (c-client) create nested folders?  How do I do this?

I read, somewhere, that this required using the .mbx format for mailboxes. So I recompiled imapd changing the default format to mbx. After some unpleasant experiences trying to get tmail to work with sendmail (can't figure out how to do it in sendmail.mc so did it directly in sendmail.cf - and, tmail has to be in /usr/bin (or the like) and can't be in /home/USER/..) Anyway, after doing all this, and successfully sending mail into sendmail which gets deposited in an INBOX in the user's directory, I still can get my client to create sub-folders that aren't at the top level. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help - Yossie