On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Mark Crispin wrote:

In order to create mailboxes within a mailbox, you need to use a mailbox format which supports this "dual-use".

mbx format is not such a format; nor is traditional UNIX mailbox format.

The dual-use mailbox formats supported in the distribution version of c-client are mh, mx, and news.

Additionaly to this, you are not very supportive of the mh format, so it can be considered half-supported (can I say it that way).

AFAIK Maildir supports what you want, there are add-on patches available, f.ex. here [1]. It seems to be actively maintained However I don't know how well it works.

*t

[1] http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/info/maildir.html

  Tomas Pospisek
  http://sourcepole.com -  Linux & Open Source Solutions