> I'm afraid not.  With my testing, I simply ran
>
>    cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64" [options] /path/to/xerces
>
> and opened the solution file.  Did you use any additional options on the
> command line?  If you could let me know exactly what you ran, I can try
> to reproduce and investigate.

We're using this command:

cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017" -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=/MP
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=%ROOT_DIR%%XERCES_DIR%\install32\%MsVCVersion% ..\..

And now that I look at it, I bet it's the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS override. It must
fully replace a default value that it uses internally that's getting WIN32
defined. I'd bet a few beers that's it. Sorry for the noise. We'll look into
the right way to supplement but not replace the macros.

-- Scott