--- Thomas Hruska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Under that statement, we should all learn assembler, machine language,
> and maybe even leap backwards a few decades and use punch cards.  :)

  I totally agree. My first language was C64 Basic and my second language was
Assembly.

  After I learned 80286 Assembly, object orientation was a punch in my face: I
was taught not to mix code with data, just to learn otherwise afterwords.

  What is complicated in C++ is not the pointers subject, but pointers mixed
with classes and namespaces.

  Java is sweet as it does not have explicit pointers. Plain C is sweet as it
does not have classes nor namespaces.

  C++ is a hell.