Hi,

I ran our tests which typically pass under tomcat 5.0.18 under cactus 1.6.1 and then 1.7, under tomcat 5.5.9, and one of our tests is getting this exception:

[junit] Testcase: testEnsureFormLoaded3ForCookie(com.opentext.basis.webtop.user.forms.TestUserFormsManager): Caused an ERROR
   [junit] null
   [junit] java.lang.ClassCastException
[junit] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.unwrapRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:814) [junit] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:401) [junit] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301) [junit] at org.apache.cactus.server.RequestDispatcherWrapper.forward_aroundBody0(RequestDispatcherWrapper.java:76) [junit] at org.apache.cactus.server.RequestDispatcherWrapper.forward_aroundBody1$advice(RequestDispatcherWrapper.java:124) [junit] at org.apache.cactus.server.RequestDispatcherWrapper.forward(RequestDispatcherWrapper.java) [junit] at com.opentext.basis.webtop.servlet.WebtopServlet.sendErrorPage(WebtopServlet.java:122)

It appears that in tomcat is casting a ServletRequest to ServletRequestWrapper. In cactus-land, RequestDispatcherWrapper forwards the ServletRequest it was handed, not the original request, presumably because the request it has is not castable to HttpServletRequestWrapper.

Is this something that has been seen before? Is this a tomcat or a cactus issue? Is there a known workaround?

Much thanks for any help,

-Kim Nico
Vizdom Software, Inc.
www.vizdom.com