From: David Turley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: lundi 22 août 2005 20:17
To: Cactus Users List
Subject: Directory deleting weirdness

Hello all,

   My application relies on a directory we put into the
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps folder.  When the cactus ant task creates the
temporary installation of tomcat5x, that directory is, of course, not
included.  So I decided that I would copy the folder into the temp
directory.  If I copy it manually, it works just fine, but if I copy it
using the ant <copy> task, the <cactus> task deletes the directory I
just copied...  Can anyone explain this little anomaly or how I can
overcome it?

The directory created by Cactus is under Cactus Ant tasks control and you
should not tamper with it. The Cactus Ant task will delete it every time you
run a container.

There's currently no way to tell the Cactus Ant tasks to also copy a
directory. Your best bet ATM is not to use the <cactus> Ant task or to use
it with a <generic> container. You could also try using the
<runservertests>. All of this will required more work from you
unfortunately.

You should also know that Cactus is currently undergoing a refactoring in
that it is migrating to Cargo (http://cargo.codehaus.org). So all
container-related features of Cactus will be removed and will be handled by
Cargo in the next version of Cactus.

Your use case is currently not taken into account by Cargo and you may want
to raise to the Cargo user list to that it is included in the future.

Thanks
-Vincent