Hello everyone,

I'm testing some struts actions that modify some rows in the database, but I don't want those modifications to stick, because then I have to set everything back to the way it was to get my database back to a known state. You'd think that if I changed a row, I could just change it back, but whoever designed this database put triggers all over the place, so if you change one thing explicitly, you change several other things implicitly. So I thought that it would be nice if I could execute everything within the context of a transaction. To do this I would need to change the code that gets the connections to the database to get only one connection, set it so that autocommit is off, and return that connection whenever a connection is needed. So I have a copy of the class that has all the database access code in it that has those modifications, but I only want to use this class for testing, obviously. Is there a way to use one version of the class for testing and the other for production? I could do it with ant, I suppose and just exclude the one and include the other, but is there an easier way? One that I can use when I run my tests manually? Or is there some other better alternative for what I'm trying to do?

Thanks,
David

P.S. Sorry if this is a little off topic. I just don't know who else to ask, and you are all so helpful :-).