Hi,

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:47:22 +0530,
"Sharma, Harsh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
harshs> Situation : I have a Custom Tag which based on previously set Cookie
harshs> Value generates some tables Dynamically. I need to come up with a Unit
harshs> test for this Custom Tag.
harshs>
harshs> Problem : Since I don't have a actual session going Cookie are not set
harshs> to Values which are required to generate these tables, so how do I set
harshs> values for cookies to generate these tables.

You can add cookies at beginXXX method:
        public void beginXXX(WebRequest theRequest)
        {
            theRequest.addCookie("name1", "value1");
        }

Then, you can refer cookie(s) at the corresponding testXXX method:
        public void testXXX()
        {
            Cookie[] cookies = request.getCookies();
        }

If you have to set-up an object as a session attribute
for your custom tag, you can do so:
        public void testXXX()
        {
            String cookieValue = getCookieValueByName("name1");
            session.setAttribute(cookieValue,
                                 someObjectAssociatedWithCookieName1);
            // instantiate and test the target class.
        }
        private String getCookieValueByName(String theName)
        {
        }

Hope this helps,
----