Sorry in advance if this is a known issue - but I couldn't seem to find it
by searching the list.

While trying to compile some cactus test classes via Ant using cactus 1.8.0
with java 1.4 I would get the following error:

    [javac] An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.4.2_18). Please
file a bug at the Java Developer Connection (
http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi)  after checking the Bug Parade
for duplicates. Include your program and the following diagnostic in your
report.  Thank you.
    [javac] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1951436875
    [javac]     at
com.sun.tools.javac.v8.code.ClassReader.nextInt(ClassReader.java:335)
    [javac]     at
com.sun.tools.javac.v8.code.ClassReader.skipMember(ClassReader.java:820)
    [javac]     at
com.sun.tools.javac.v8.code.ClassReader.readClass(ClassReader.java:861)

This error would not occur if I just did a 'Clean' in eclipse or was using a
higher version of java (1.6).

After a bit of investigation, it turns out that the
cactus.core.framework.uberjar.javaEE.14-1.8.0-orig.jar file has a bunch of
duplicate class files within the same package (e.g.
org/apache/cactus/server/ServletTestRedirector). If I remove the smaller
duplicate class files, the compilation completes in 1.4.

Am I missing something or is this a problem with the release?

Thanks!

--
zachary mcmahon
zmcma...@gmail.com