Richard Dice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> am connect via right now is behind a firewall in an internal network, and all
> communication with the outside world is via a proxy server.
>
> How do I work around/through this?
>
> Currently in my .p4settings. file I have a line to the effect:
>
> P4PORT=p4.lpi.org:1666
>
> Intuitively, I would think that I'd need to add another line to the file
> like:
>
> P4PROXY=http://localproxygateway:8080
>
> At the very least my intuitive guess is unlikely to have the syntax
> correct. :-)
>  I might be more fundamentally off base here too.  Please enlighten me!

You probably are :)  Perforce doesn't use a HTTP protocol so the proxy
probably won't work.

Any chance that you could ssh to another machine that has access?

Something like:

        ssh -L 1666:p4.lpi.org:1666 otherhost

would work.  Then you just set the P4PORT (or equiv in the GUIs) to
localhost:1666.

Otherwise, you can just work without talking to Perforce and 'catch up'
later.  Instead of writing out the gory details, read this tech note on
working remotely:

        http://www.perforce.com/perforce/technotes/note002.html

HTH,
--
g. matthew rice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           starnix, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20