very true, and in all reality i'm just doing a 'beta' version of my web
app initially, and i'll probably use a simpler authentication schema,
but as the Cake ACL documentation isn't extremely extensive (definitely
useful, and totally digestible) I was wondering what would be the best
implementations in a larger setting, as we will eventually be expanding
this app; bascially for immediate purposes i'm going to be building a
prototype in Cake and Symfony and see what i like/dislike about both (I
have to say so far I really like Cake) - so back to my original
comment, what are the appropriate circumstances to apply ACO's - should
I stick to assigning my controllers/actions ACO's and not things like
original posts?  pretty much curiosity right now, as I ran thru the ACL
introduction (assigning the Books and Dogs permissions) and was really
impressed, however simple the example was;  as a side note, when I
tried running the ACL setup from the command line, I get a lot of
errors, and had to end up looking up the SQL statement in the PHP file
and applying the script by hand to my database - everything I have
setup is on my local system with everything accessible to everything
else