A big hurray for the developers, that's all I can say ; ).

I already saw the 1.2.xx milestone in the roadmap and i18n support was what made me happy the most. But I'm also interested in the "Acts As ..." stuff for Models, because it might be a better way for implementing WebServiceModels (I currently have one for GoogleCal, GoogleAnalytics, and Rss).

Anyway, I also look forward to the Bakery, I definitely think I could find some stuff to contribute to it.

Thanks for making all of this possible!
Felix Geisendörfer aka the_undefined

Larry E. Masters aka PhpNut schrieb:
We are fired up about this latest release and have some more good news about what's coming. First, check out the change log[1] to see the patches and modifications. And download the 1.1.4.3083 release[2]. We are getting a lot of good tickets. The ones for the docs are really helping us get the manual organized. We separated each chapter and will move the manual to CakeForge[3] when its a little more complete. Hopefully some people will be interested in contributing with some translations once we get it onto CakeForge. As of this writing, we are one ticket away from 1000. We appreciate the support from all who have submitted tickets in the past or will submit tickets in the future.

To show our appreciation, we are planning a new 1.2 milestone. The 1.2 milestone will add some new features to the existing 1.1 series. You can see the plan on the Trac milestone page [4]. The plan is to slowly add features as we move towards 2.0. With each new feature set will be a new milestone. The feature sets will be small but powerful additions to the core framework. Backwards compatibility will be a focus of the development. We are largely basing the new features on tickets submitted for the 2.0 milestone and will slowly move them up to an early milestone as they fit into the development cycle. We are prioritizing the list off of the questions coming into the list, conversations on IRC and a lot of internal discussions.

But before this new milestone is released (we are anticipating 3-4 weeks), we will open up the Bakery. As John eluded to in his eulogy for the Wiki, the Bakery will be the place for tutorials and articles surrounding CakePHP. The Bakery is setup to handle tutorials on community developed components, helpers, and other ideas. We hope that centralizing the efforts of the community will make it more fun and easier to develop apps. Some of the fan favorites like Ros-Soft[5] and Cakebaker[6] have agreed to contribute their ideas and will hope more will follow suit.

We want to thank everyone who follows this project. There are now over 1700 people on the email list and there are many new people dropping by IRC to say hello.

We would also like to welcome Daniel Hofstetter [6] and Armando Sosa [7] to the team. Many of you know them through their blogs and you should all know that Armando was the creator of the latest CakePHP layout. We are very happy that he will continue working with us on the layouts for the sites. And as many of you know Armando will be spear-heading the BakingDay [8]. Daniel plans on making some major contributions to the manual and assisting on the new feature sets as we move to 2.0.

Happy Baking.

[1] Changelog: http://cakeforge.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=105
[2] Download: http://cakeforge.org/frs/?group_id=23&release_id=105
[3] CakeDocs http://cakeforge.org/projects/cakedocs/