hi John,
 ya the field name is 'First_name' .when i use ur suggested code it
gives undefined data varaible in my employees_controller file.

Basicaly....
in my application follwoing file I created..........
1) view file is "employees.thtml" in
c:\phpdev\www\cake\app\views\employees\
2) controllrer file is "emloyees_controller.php in
c:\phpdev\www\cake\app\controllers\
3) model file is "employee.php in c:\phpdev\www\cake\app\model\

in the employees.thtml, i created table in the form for getting input
values from user in the input function like
 $html->input('Employee/First_name', array('size' => 20));
 $html->input('Employee/Last_name', array('size' => 20));
 and like more fields..........
First_name is the field in the employees table in the database;

and after this the submit button is   $html->submit('Add') using POST
method , so when this Add button is clicked the user entered values are
not able to be used in the employees_controller.php file  for saving
these values in the database.

Regards,

Neeraj