Hi Nate,

I tried changing to Author/last_name...but it is not helping...
I also tried firebug to determine error. But the debugger is not
showing any error.

Do you think the structure of library might affect. I am using
following structure
- app
  - webroot
        -js
          - prototype
                - prototype.js
          - scriptaculous
                - scriptaculous.js

and in the auto.thtml I am using

<?php
echo $javascript->link('prototype/prototype');
echo $javascript->link('scriptaculous/scriptaculous');
?>

I am not getting any clue of what is causing the problem...Is there any
demo

Regards,