What's a "full blown website"? Yes, CakePHP can serve static html files alongside with
application pages if that's what you are asking for.

webbo11 wrote:
I am new to using CakePHP.  A very light but powerful framework indeed
it is.  My question is merely based on what type of development CakePHP
should be used for.  For that matter, what type of development should
any framework be used for?  Is cakephp better used for web applications
(i.e. creating blogs, guestbooks, etc.) or is it equally as powerful
when creating full blown websites?