Ridicule? Sorry, I have found it difficult to find info on things that
are simple to accomplish in other languages. I am sure that is
understandable. As far as I know there is not even a book on CakePHP at
this time.

I primarily work in Usability/UI Design. As far as server-side I have
experience with ColdFusion, ASP and a little PHP. I am just trying out
some of the open source frameworks for fun. I would usually use a
server-side date function and was not aware I could use one specific to
the database.

Why would anyone get 'cranky'? If you don't like a question don't
answer it. Let it go further back into the Older Topics. I am sure
Google has enough server space for it.

I try to search everything before posting. I think it is useful to have
threads available for topics on problems beginners might face.

You helped me learn a lot and get over some beginner stumbling blocks.
I probably won't make any new topics here. Thanks again for your
previous help.