Hi guys, CakePHP noob here.

Just wanted to ask how can you query distinct values from a table then
save it on another?

Say I have a table for books, certainly some of them are classified
into a common category like fiction or history.

Now I created another table just to reference their distinct
categories. I will use this table later on such that I will get the
unique id of the distinct category to pass to a URL.

Hope someone can show or point me to the right direction, thanks in
advance! =)