Hi there,

Using CakePHP 1.2 (r4451).

I have a model "Study" that references itself (three attributes: id,
parent_id, name). The Model is defined as follows (extra stuff removed
for simplicity):

<?php
class Study extends AppModel {
  var $name = 'Study';
  var $hasMany = array(
    'Study' => array(
      'associationForeignKey' => 'parent_id'
    )
  );
  var $belongsTo = array(
    'Study' => array(
      'foreignKey' => 'parent_id'
    )
  );
}
?>

I use a scaffolding controller to get up and running quickly. The
controller doesn't show me any Studies, and the debug log tells me:

SELECT `Study`.`id`, `Study`.`parent_id`, `Study`.`naam`,
`Study`.`id`, `Study`.`parent_id`, `Study`.`naam` FROM `studies` AS
`Study` LEFT JOIN `studies` AS `Study` ON `Study`.`parent_id` =
`Study`.`id` WHERE (1 = 1) LIMIT 20

Error: 1066: Not unique table/alias: 'Study'

Which seems rather logical, since the SQL query contains the alias
'Study' twice.

Am I doing something wrong, or should I report a ticket?

Regards,

Martin

--
  Martin Schapendonk, [EMAIL PROTECTED]