On Feb 22, 2008, at 6:26 PM, jim starboard wrote:

> I'm trying to understand how to set up the homepage of my site. I
> would like to have my home_controller access various tables in the
> database, eg users, games, etc. The problem is, I'm required to have a
> home model,

If you set $uses to null, a Home model is not required.

> but there is no homes table. So I get an error. What's the
> best way to have a model that represents or is composed of multiple
> tables, but has no table of its own name?

As far as I know, there's no need for multiple-table models - if you
want a non-database table model, set $useTable to false in the model.

(please check out the model and controller sections of the
documentation - I think many of the questions you are posing are
covered there...)

-- John