I've got a quick question about this -

Let's say I have a Model for User, which has a firstname and
lastname.  Let's say that I want a method that will take data for an
instance of hte model, and produce a full name (i.e., return
$data['User']['firstname'] .' '. $data['User']['lastname'];, more-or-
less).

It seems like it makes sense to put the FullName method on the Model
(i.e., in the User class), even if I want to make use of it in an
AppHelper (or some other view).   I don't want to query/modify/delete
anything in the DB, I just want to get access to this helper method.

Is this 'MVC kosher'? Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!
--Mike