Hello!

My problem is that when I put a syntax error into my .php file {say,
instead of writing Configure::write('debug', 2); , I write
Configure::write('debug',     }, with CakePHP, I'm getting an HTTP
response code of 500 (internal server error).  When I use a raw .php
file & do something comparable, I get that page telling me what the
syntax errors are.

FWIW, CakePHP used to give me syntax errors in the returned page, too,
but it's not doing so now.  It's been about a month since I've done
anything with PHP, so it's possible that I changed something, but I
don't remember seeing this the last time I did something in (Cake)PHP.

I'm running XAMPP on WindowsXP, if that helps.  Cake 1.2 Beta, if that
makes a difference.

My php.ini has the error_reporting=E_ALL, and display_errors = On, and
is also logging the errors to a file, for good measure.  My httpd.conf
appears to be set up ok (I think) - it's got the error file set up,
and a LogLevel of debug.  However, I'm not seeing the syntax errors in
the output (i.e., in the browser), nor am I seeing the errors listed
in any log files.  apache/logs/access.log tells me that the request
ended with 500, but nothing else.  apache/logs/error.log appears to
just tell me that the server has started up.  CakePHP/ST/app/tmp/logs/
error.log appears to have no new entries, either.

The problem appears to be Cake-specific (the raw PHP file displays
errors ok), and I *think* that everything's configured correctly, but
pages with syntax errors come back as blank 500's.  The same file,
without the syntax error, renders completely correctly.  At this
point, I'm kind of at a loss for what to try next, and was hoping that
someone here might have an idea

So, having said all that - does anyone have an idea for what I might?
Any links, or ideas, would be greatly appreciated!
(And of course, if you happen to know exactly how to fix this, that
would be appreciated, too :)  )

Thanks!
--Mike