Just wanted to follow up on this thread http://is.gd/2XoO, because I'm
having the same exact problem
I've been trying to figure this one out for the last 5 hours (so no
sleep yet :] ... )

cakephp version: 1.2RC2
Mysql version: 4.1

PHP version: various (see post)

I have a 'Question' model that hasMany 'Answers' ... and I'm trying to
use $this->saveAll to save the Question and its possible answers

The data array from my form looks like this
Array
(
    [Question] => Array
        (
            [question_type_id] => 1
            [question] => question time
            [help_text] =>
        )

    [Answer] => Array
        (
            [1] => Array
                (
                    [answer_text] => answer1
                )
            [2] => Array
                (
                    [answer_text] => answer2
                )
            [3] => Array
                (
                    [answer_text] => answer3
                )
        )
)
and my create action in QuestionController looks like this

    function create(){
        if(!empty($this->data)):
            $this->Question->create();
            if($this->Question->saveAll($this->data)):
                $this->Session->setFlash('Success', 'default',
array('class' => 'success'));
                #clear out the data*/
                //$this->data = array();
            else:
                $this->Session->setFlash('Error');
            endif;
        endif;

But just like in the thread I posted above, the question is inserted
and the answers too ... but with no question_ids.
>From my research, the problem occurs with PHP 4.3.11 and PHP 4.4.9
(Apache module) ... as soon as I use PHP5.2.5 (cgi) ... then the
insertions work with the correct question_ids going in.

I looked in the source code (/cake/libs/model.php)
And it turns out that $this->id is not being set properly in PHP4
because right before line 1405 in the file
if I insert a
[code]
var_dump($this->id);exit;
[/code]

I get 'false' for PHP4 and the actual correct insert_id for PHP5.
So that's where the problem is.

I can't find out where $this->id is supposed to be set to debug
further.
Can someone give me some pointers on where to look or help out?
.