I think I stumbled across a bug when using the Cookie->write method.

Inside a controller I need to keep track of a date, so one of my
method sets the cookie variable like this:

                $this->Cookie->write('month', $month, false);
                $this->Cookie->write('year', $year, false);
                $this->Cookie->write('day', $day, false);
                $this->Cookie->write('perspective', 'day', false);

However, the first cookie ('month') never gets set if that is my only
block of code. Debugging shows me that all 3 of the other variables
are properly set, but never 'month'. However, if I set an extra,
dummyVariable first:

                $this->Cookie->write('dummyCookie', 'Nothing meaningful',
false);

Then everything works out fine (and my 'dummyCookie' never gets set).

I've tested this in both IE 7 and firefox 3, so I don't believe that
it's a browser specific problem. I've also checked to make sure I
didn't have hidden comments keeping the first line from being
executed.

I hope this either helps other people having the same problem, or
someone more knowledgeable can tell me why this isn't bug, and maybe
I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks