Ok.

I've just found out what the problem was:

- My database and its tables where setup to charset = utf-8.
- my html tag was setup to ISO-8859-1.

when we did the insert in the database, i guess the fields were passed to
the server as iso-8859-1 encoding, and saved this way in the database.
Changing the html encoding to utf-8 solved the problem for new inserted
records. Now i have to convert all data already existing in the database as
utf-8.

regards,
LP