Hi everybody,

I have a model called Text, with a method copyFromMaster. In this methos
I want to set the user id of the user calling the method to save with my
new dataset.

In th controller I would do
        $user = $this->Auth->user();

How can I get this information in my model? Piping through with
parametes is not a good idea, if I can avoid it.
I am not sure if this works. Would this be legal?
                App::import('Model', 'Auth');
                $Auth = new Auth();
                $user_id = $Auth->user('id');

Thank you in advance!