Have you tried printing the array to see what it contains? The array
holds everything that $_FILE[] normally would. Use these values to
upload your file, then set the variable to the name of the file or
whatever you want inserted into the database. Cake does not have an
automagic way to handle file uploads, it takes a couple of lines in
the controller to take care of this. Google cakephp file upload for
more examples.

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=cakephp+file+upload