Hi everybody,

I use Cake 1.2 RC3 with Auth and ACL. And ... Hoooray... It finally
works.

Now I want to change the group a user belongs to and run into the
problem mentioned here:
http://realm3.com/articles/setting_up_user_groups_with_acl_and_auth_in_c
akephp_1.2

"Changing a users group does not change the ARO parent (effectively
making it usless/impossible to change groups)."

Deleting the user and creating it new is no real option for me, because
the user is connected with objects he/she has edited and I would like to
keep that connection. Also I want to avoid to have 3 accounts for one
user, two of them deactivated.

Is there an option with RC4 to solve this? I thought about updating the
aros table (changing the parent_id of my user) after changing the
group_id in the users table but I guess it would mess up my lft and rght
values in the aros table.

After ACL and Auth finally works for me after weeks of trying around I
would rather keep it than implement another complex solution.

Has anyone an idea to solve this?

Thank you in advance for any hints and help!

Anja