On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:23 PM, K3 <kiril.zvezdako...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> when i set some css rules in the email layout(used when sending email
> with cake's email component) they are not applied on the reciepient
> email client. How can i set colors(and other css rules) etc in the
> email tepmplate?

You would have to link to the stylesheet. However, I recommend not
doing so because it will not work for webmail clients, eg. gmail,
yahoo, hotmail, etc. All of these load your HTML email part within
their own page REWRITING PARTS OF IT. As such, using external
stylesheets is a non-starter because it will be stripped out for
many--if not most--of your recipients. Inline style blocks are also
likely to be removed (I can't remember the details for each client
because I never do this).

The solution is to use inline style attributes within the HTML
elements (eg. style="..."). Yes, every paragraph, anchor, header,
whatever needs style info. It sucks mightily but that seems to be the
only way to keep your styles. What I've been doing is applying the
styles to the markup using regexps.

This is why I've been trying to talk clients out of HTML newsletters.
RSS is a better technology, anyway.

And always be sure to send a plaintext part (Cake gets this wrong,
IMHO, by offering to send HTML-only emails. Bad, bad, bad. There
should be no such thing.)