Er, my point (buried in that long, long first post :)  ) is that I
thought that Cake should SHOULD NOT be inflecting filenames in the
vendors directory.  I thought that 'vendors' was for PHP code that we
got from some other, non-Cake source.  Since we can't enforce a naming
scheme on other projects, we therefore shouldn't inflect anything in
that directory.

So my questions are:
1) Are the files in the vendors directory intended to be from other
sources, and therefore arbitrarily named?
2) If (1) is true, shouldn't the App::import therefore NOT inflect
anything in the 'Vendors' directory?

Thanks!
--Mike