Dear Mike,

thanks a lot for sharing your good work...

I'm trying to get Kaching working, but i've encountered an obstacle
regarding plugin routing... i guess
I'm trying and trying to solve this but I couldn't solve it yet...
that's why I'll try to explain it and hope on a little help...

Basicly I've correctly installed a fresh version of CakePHP 1.3 RC4 in
a subdirectory "kache" of my site:

http://www.example.com/kache

Then, I've followed all your precious guidelines on
http://code.google.com/p/kaching-php/wiki/Installation and it seems
that Kaching works fine "underground", except for the routing problem
i'm going to explain with the following facts:

- if i point the browser to http://www.example.com/kache/kaching/ i
get a 403 Forbidden error
- if i point the browser to http://www.example.com/kache/kaching i get
a redirect to url http://www.trebiano.it/kache/app/webroot/kaching/
which ends with a 403 Forbidden error as well
- i could correctly create an admin user by pointing to url
http://www.example.com/kache/kaching/users/install (even if css style
was missing)
- i can correctly login to the admin interface by pointing to url
http://www.example.com//kache/kaching/users/login (even if css style
is missing)
- looking at html source of the pages i've noticed that all referred
elements (css stylesheet, images, ... ) are missing the "kache" part
in their url, and if i add it by virtually modifying the code with
FireBug everything renders fine...
- similarly, all the internal url-links in the pages are missing the
"kache" part and pointing to 404 error, but if i add the the "kache"
part to url they point fine

es.
http://www.example.com/kaching/categories/index --> 404error
http://www.example.com/kache/kaching/categories/index  --> OK (with no
css style)

http://www.example.com/kaching/shoppingcarts/view  --> 404error
http://www.example.com/kache/kaching/shoppingcarts/view --> OK (with
no css style)

and so on for all the pages...

In the end, since i think this is probably a rounting problem, I'm
trying to modify something in the files:

app/config/core.php
app/config/routes.php
app/plugins/kaching/config/routes.php

but with no succes til now... :-(

Actually i'm a web developer not yet 100% skilled in CakePHP and i
think i'm possibly missing both some basic routing concepts or maybe
something very stupid (as often happens)...

Did you maybe recognize where could be the problem looking at my
description ? Any useful tips ?

Thanks a lot in advance for a little help ;-)

Best regards

Tres

I'm a web developer not yet 100% skilled on CakePHP

On 16 Mar, 03:12, Mike <mfrie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If your looking for a shoppingcart plugin for CakePHP that is
> distributed under the MIT License, here you
> go...http://code.google.com/p/kaching-php
>
> Kachingis tailored for developers that want full control on building
> their online store.  Kachingprovides the store administration and
> lots of features (see project page).  You build the store's look and
> feel interacting with our controllers.
>
> Hopefully people can find this useful and either contribute features
> back or at least be able to use it as a starting point for their own
> online stores.

their CakePHP related questions.