* Exported from MasterCook *

                  GUAVA CAKE (nectar & fresh) - allrecipes

Recipe By     :
Categories    : !!9x13                          Cakes - Fruit
                 Cakes - Yellow/White

   2               cups  white sugar
   1                cup  butter
   4                     eggs
   1                cup  guava pulp
      1/2           cup  guava nectar
   3               cups  cake flour
   1           teaspoon  ground nutmeg
   1 1/4      teaspoons  baking soda
      1/4      teaspoon  ground cloves
      1/4      teaspoon  ground cinnamon

Original Recipe Yield 1 -13x9 inch cake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one
13x9 inch pan.

Sift together flour, nutmeg, soda, cinnamon, and cloves.
In another bowl, mix together guava pulp and juice.
In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a
time. Add flour mixture and guava mixture alternately to creamed
mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30-35 minutes.

Servings Per Recipe: 14

COMMENTS
I live in Africa and its guava season. Didnt know what to do with my
ripe guavas so I googled guava recipes and it brought me to your
site. The cake came out fluffy, sweet and guavalicious, I put a drop
of lemon essence to add flavour. Im gonna ask my neighbour if I can
use some of his guavas to make another cake tomorrow!

It was pretty good. If you are using fresh guava, make sure you get
all the seeds out. It's annoying to bite into a seed. I made some
frosting with guava nectar because the cake doesn't taste much like guava.

A must try recipe...I made it using pink guava pulp that gave it a
good flavor and colour...

This cake was great! My guavas were not bursting ripe so they didn't
have as much flavor and as a result the guava flavor was really
light. It tasted very nutmeggy and clovey. I made a cream cheese
guava icing that everyone else said they tasted the guava in, but not
so much the cake. However it tasted yum!

We have a guava tree in my backyard, and this was a delicious recipe
that my whole family loved! I will use it again.

Really a lovely cake. I had so many compliments. I would suggest
being very careful when getting the guava pulp--the seeds would make
an uncomfortable finding in your cake! Overall, this was more like a
spice cake; very moist, but I don't know if many people could have
figured out it was guava without my saying so. That said, everyone
liked it and I was asked for the recipe by three people. Just as a
note, I used freshly grated nutmeg and put some guava nectar in the
frosting. I will definitely make this cake again.

This cake was so good! I used canned guava paste in place of fresh
guavas. It turned out like a bread more than a cake. Will make again.

born and raised in Hawaii, i am addicted to guava cake. i gave this
recipe to a friend in Hawaii, it is so easy to make because guava's
grow on every corner of the streets on the Big Island. it was a hit!,
it was different than the original "Hawaiian Guava Cake", the
original is Pink and very fluffy, almost like an Angel Food Cake
tecture. But, this was delicious as well...

It came out absolutely perfect! If you increase the guava paste by
1/4 cup and the baking soda by 1/4 tsp it will be super moist.

My mother and I made this guava cake recently in Hawaii, where you'll
find that most guava cakes are light and spongey, with a natural
tinge of guava-pink. This particular recipe yielded a moist, sweet,
orange-colored cake that was almost like banana bread. This cake was
especially good the next morning for breakfast, sliced like bread and
slathered with a bit of butter. Few people, even in Hawaii, are
likely to find fresh guavas, however. Try guava paste from specialty
food stores. Enjoy! Aloha!

   "This is a unique old recipe using fresh guavas."
Source:
   "http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/guava-cake/Detail.aspx";
S(Formatted for Mastercook):
   "by Deirdre Dee (zosha) 4-11"
                                     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 223 Calories; 15g Fat (59.9%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 267mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2
Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 3 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

You can't prevent Trouble from coming to visit, but you don't have to
offer it a chair.

Deirdre Dee (zosha)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional